- Glistening crystals in the retina can be due to myriad etiologies ranging from drug toxicity to a genetic retinal degeneration.
- This Week’s Case is about a patient with both corneal crystals and retinal crystals, suggestive of Bietti corneoretinal degeneration.
- SD OCT not only confirms the dramatic loss of photoreceptors in this disorder but leads to an intriguing observation as well.
- Outer retinal tubulations (ORT) a newly described entity by Freund-hence FORT- were imaged and then identified.1
- Such novel findings are sometimes made serendipitously with SD OCT.