- Some patients with inherited macular disorders have reduced vision at birth that appears to be stable throughout life.
- Others appear normal at birth but develop vision loss a decade or more later.
- Cases of Achromatopsia, Cone Degeneration and Stargardt disease (SD) are highlighted in this Issue.
- High Resolution OCT, such as the Cirrus HD-OCT, has proven invaluable in the diagnosis and monitoring of such patients.
- Although these conditions are untreatable at the present time, a second, unrelated disorder, such as glaucoma, can develop and be diagnosed with OCT and then treated.