The Ganglion Cell Complex (GCC)
- The GCC is a novel approach to detect, diagnose, and monitor patients with disorders of the optic nerve.
- These disorders include the various glaucomas but occasionally the non-glaucomatous optic neuropathies as well.
- In at least some cases, the GCC provides more information about the status of the optic nerve than does the SD OCT circumpapillary RNFL (see RR #34)
- Like GCC, VEPs (Visual Evoked Potentials) can often document subtle optic nerve disorders.
- The GCC is now part of the iWellness Exam and can be obtained in well under a minute on virtually all patients.