Panoramic Imaging of Rapid Progression
- Diabetic retinopathy (DR) is the leading cause of blindness among adults aged 20-74 years.1
- Between 40 to 45 percent of Americans diagnosed with diabetes have some stage of DR.2
- To prevent progression of DR, people with diabetes should control their level of blood sugar, blood pressure, and blood cholesterol.2
- Rapid progression of retinopathy may occur in patients with advanced disease who also exhibit poor compliance.
- This week’s case reveals the rapid progression from mild non-proliferative DR, to proliferative DR and vitreous hemorrhage progressing to traction retinal detachment within 2 years.