- Routine binocular indirect ophthalmoscopy (BIO) or optos® imaging often detects peripheral retinal lesions.
- But is the lesion excavated, flat or elevated?
- If elevated, is it a solid lesion, a cyst or a membrane?
- If membrane, is it a retina detachment (RD), retinoschisis (RS), choroidal detachment (CD) or the posterior hyaloid?
- This week’s issue includes a range of patients with retinoschisis.
- This range of retinoschisis includes lesions that are small to large, shallow to bullous, and isolated to multiple.