- Patients with retinitis pigmentosa (RP) typically complain of poor night vision and impaired side vision.
- Preservation of normal or near normal central visual acuity is common for many decades in most RP patients.
- SD OCT can predict visual function both centrally and peripherally by assessing the Photoreceptor Integrity Line (PIL).
- SD OCT can also help diagnose cystoid macular edema in many RP patients who begin to complain of central vision reduction.
- Panoramic ophthalmoscopy (with or without FA) is ideal to document the extent and progression of retinal involvement.